Seeking presenters for workshops and presentations at the 2nd Annual Outdoor Collective.
Submission Deadline: March 29, 2019
What is Our Collective Works
Our Collective Works is a series of peer-led workshops and programming that occurs during the Outdoor Collective weekend. These workshops and presentations are intended to promote professional development in a variety of skills, facilitation techniques, and educational outcomes. We are seeking workshop presenters for the May 10 – 12 event. Presentations/workshops that would be of direct interest to outdoor leaders, educators, wilderness guides, international facilitator, and camp staff are being requested. Please consider sharing your skills and ideas. Everyone is welcome to submit a proposal. We have limited spots each year and the proposal process is competative. We will contact everyone who applies with the results of their proposal application. Thank you in advance.
Specifics for Presenters
- The presenter(s) must be willing to attend and present in-person within the dates of Our Collective Works.
- Presentations/workshops can be either 30, 60 minutes or 120 minutes in length.
- They can happen indoors or outdoors. We have a select number of wilderness sessions being offered this year. Please consider whether your session can be augmented by being in the voyageur canoe, or somewhere in the forest. We are excited by the idea of bringing some of the workshops into Algonquin Provincial Park!
- The primary presenter will be reimbursed the cost of admission to the Outdoor Collective weekend event. This does not include the full-day Friday seminars or the certification/recertification courses.
- Presentations/workshops are not to endorse products, services or specific companies or organizations. Companies or organizations seeking to advertise and inform participants of their services, products, and job opportunities will be welcome to setup a booth in the dining hall or can sponsor one of the social events. Please inquire for further details firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want presenters to think creatively and critically about content that might be of interest to fellow attendees. Rarely do we take the opportunity to build our collective capacity through sharing skills, emerging ideas, or unique facilitation techniques. Workshop content will range from sharing specific technical skills, and teaching techniques to facilitation ideas, emerging trends in risk management, entrepreneurship, job hunting, and professional development. If you think you might be interested in taking this opportunity to share something, we encourage you to submit a proposal or be in touch regarding your idea.
How to Submit your Workshop Proposal
- Complete the required fields and submit by March 29, 2019.
- We will let you know if your proposal has been accepted by April 5, 2019.
- If your proposal is accepted we will work with you to make sure you are well supported in the development of your workshop/presentation and that you have the necessary technology, facilities or equipment to deliver your workshop/presentation.